Rabbit Care/Rabbit Welfare
We strongly encourage anyone considering rabbits as pets to read these excellent guides from the RWAF, RSPCA and Animal Welfare Foundation.
- The Rabbit Welfare Crisis
- Rabbit diet information.
- Rabbit housing information.
- Rabbit Bonding.
- Rabbits as pets for children.
- Camp Nibble rabbit care/awareness videos.
- Camp Nibble rabbit awareness/rabbit care posters.
- Camp Nibble's trusted vets.
- For details of our recommended rabbit insurer and to activate 4 weeks free cover please click here (by quoting our charity reference number 10% of your policy premiums will be donated to Camp Nibble!)
We give full credit to saveafluff.co.uk for the links to their rabbit care pages below. We fully recommend this website as a fantastic source of basic information for anyone researching responsible rabbit ownership prior to taking them on as pets:
- Things to consider before getting a rabbit.
- Should I buy a rabbit for my child?
- Why every rabbit needs a friend.
- Can guinea pigs live with rabbits?
- The importance of neutering rabbits.
- What do rabbits eat?
Excellent detailed information on the importance of vaccinating all pet rabbits, and the fatal rabbit viruses myxomatosis and RHD can be found here on the website of our charity patron Frances Harcourt Brown.
The RSPCA has produced the following guide detailing the time and costs involved in keeping rabbits.
The RWAF - A comprehensive list of informative online rabbit care information leaflets and advice sheets are available from the Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund website. There is so much contradictory information around relating to rabbit care. In our opinion this is the most accurate and up to date rabbit care information available.
Please consider supporting the fantastic work of the Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund by becoming a member.